[Announcement for MATIC holders] - Discontinuation of MATIC BEP2

It’s sad that Binance.US does not tell you this when you contact their support.

2 Likes

Hi,

Unfortunately, swapping MATIC BEP2 to BEP20 has been deactivated in TrustWallet. I sent them a ticket describing the issue and they simply replied by saying this token has been discontinued since January last year, despite the fact that the deadline of March 31 is still valid. I tried different methods for swapping, including using Binance Wallet, Safepal but no one worked. Since Binance exchange does not support my country, as a member and supporter of Polygon community, I expect people do sth regarding this issue. Kindly waiting for your reply.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this information, I didn’t see the announcement itself, I’m going to convert my MATIC.

Tell me whether the burning of these coins will be from the total amount of the Polygon supply?

2 Likes

Has anyone that can’t access Binance cuz of where they live figure this out.???
This really sucks…,
Come on polygon there’s tons of holders in ny etc…
Trust wallet says “token not bound”

3 Likes

Have u figured out away to swap.?
I have the same exact prob…

3 Likes

Trust wallet won’t allow me to swap Bep2 for Bep20. Can’t send to Binance. US

PLEASE HELP this is just theft at this point.

1 Like

How would that work? I would sell thiem, I can’t seem to do anything with them right now.

1 Like

How did you do this? What is the BNB BEP2 network address, I don’t see any of this on Binance.us

1 Like

Did you find a way to swap your BEP2 Matic to native?

1 Like

Please help Polygon Devs for the people stuck with Matic BEP2 that are not in Binance supported regions!!! There must be something Polygon Devs can do to help?

• Establish a temp DEX bridge to swap?
  • Snap shot of the Matic BEP2 chain of remaining wallet balances to establish a recovery plan?

e.g. The pGala coin was hacked the previous year, but there was a recover plan established…
" We also took a snapshot of the pGALA pool on http://pancakeswap.finance and will be sending both the new pGALA and BNB to the addresses in proportion to their position in the pool."

3 Likes

dear sir
i have matic bep2 in my wallet but couldn’t swap my assets. what can i do swap them bep20 or polygon network?
best regards,
Arad

1 Like

For those suffering a similar fate as me who didn’t have access to Binance. Not the best solution but I found a family member that could create an account on Binance.US. Although the instructions posted above are no longer an option, (there is no BNB Beacon Chain option in the drop-down list on Matic) you can use the BNB BEP2 deposit address to move the MATIC to. From there you can withdraw MATIC as ERC20 (or other)

2 Likes

Actually no longer working sadly :confused:
Just tried sending and though it shows up as confirming at the bottom of the info dialog it directly states that Beacon chain not supported and never actually confirms :confused:
Had similar issue trying to deposit BNB BEP2 on binance.us as well and never was able to get them to resolve it so basically think I’m screwed at this point and any other BEP2 Matic token holders.

2 Likes

This is absolutely unbelievable! I never heard about the discontinuation of BEP2 MATIC until today! So all of the MATIC I’ve had sitting in Trust Wallet for the past couple of years, is now WORTHLESS?? I hadn’t been very engaged with crypto during the bear market, but figured my holdings were at least safe in hibernation. This is sickening and really leaves a bad taste in my mouth for Polygon.

Has anyone found any post March 31 solutions, or are we truly out of luck??

1 Like

I was holding for the long term as well. If you don’t follow token project twitter accounts, how is one to know?

Polygon needs to provide the ability to make the conversion. There are many of us stuck with tokens that are useless and part of life savings…help us Polygon!

2 Likes

Polygon will say this is a Binance problem, and while that may be true, I’m sure Binance would be more likely to listen to the Polygon dev team, than a bunch of former customers who no longer have access to Binance due to geo restrictions.

Sad that Polygon doesn’t value its long term investors enough to make a simple request to Binance, to work with Trust Wallet to provide temporary liquidity for the swap.

Binance recently reopened BEP2 Chiliz to allow swaps to ERC20, so they DO have the ability to do this, but it took the CHZ dev team working with Binance to make that happen.

Not sure how many people are in our shoes, sadly. I think most have probably resigned themselves that all hope is lost and moved on. Pretty sure not many will be investing in Polygon anymore…

Hi everyone,
I now understand that I had to convert my matic bep2 token to bep20 or polygon , Is it still possible to do this? I would be grateful if someone could help me.

Hi @arsakia , please reach out to the Binance support team.

1 Like

Not sure how many people are in our shoes, sadly. I think most have probably resigned themselves that all hope is lost and moved on. Pretty sure not many will be investing in Polygon anymore…

They say it’s a Polygon issue. Because it is related to US individuals, I have opened a case with the SEC around this and have been providing the information that I received from Polygon, Trust, and Binance. In their opinion, it will come down to the protocol who is selling their tokens on the exchanges, so am gathering many who have been affected and will go from there.