[Announcement for MATIC holders] - Discontinuation of MATIC BEP2

Hello Community,

In accordance with our prior communications, which can be found here, the MATIC BEP2 on BNB Beacon Chain will be burned/discontinued. As Binance will stop deposits of MATIC BEP2 on BNB Beacon Chain, the Bridge will be shut down, and there will be no interaction with Binance Bridge after that.

If you have MATIC BEP2 tokens in your wallet like Trust Wallet, Ledger etc., you must convert them to MATIC on Polygon or Ethereum before March 31st, 2023, by either depositing it in Binance.com Account or swapping it within the wallet. After March 31st, 2023, all MATIC BEP2 on BNB Beacon Chain will be burned/discontinued.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to convert your MATIC BEP2 on the BNB Beacon Chain to MATIC on Polygon or Ethereum:

Case: You hold MATIC on a Centralized exchange like Binance, Coinbase, Kucoin etc.

Action: Do nothing.

Case: You hold MATIC on Polygon or Ethereum.

Action: Do nothing.

Case: You hold MATIC BEP2 on a wallet like Binance Chain Wallet, Trust wallet or Ledger etc.

Action:

Please follow the steps below:

Swap using your Binance Exchange Account

1. Create a deposit address for MATIC with Network selected as BEP2 in your Binance Exchange account. Create one if you don’t have it.

1. Copy the deposit address from above.
  2. Now go to Binance Chain Wallet, Trust wallet or Ledger etc. Ensure that the MATIC you hold is on the Binance BEP2 Chain.
  3. Send the MATIC BEP2 from your wallet to the deposit address that you copied above.

Swap within the wallet.

E.g. Trust Wallet Mobile App:

1. Open the trust wallet app.
  2. Click on Swap
  3. Choose MATIC BEP2 as the token you have, and choose MATIC on Polygon or Ethereum as the token you want to convert to.
  4. Click on Swap and approve the transaction to convert the tokens.
11 Likes

i have matic bep2 in trust wallet, i tried as infraction but i don’t see Matic bep2 on the list to do the swap. can you show us another way to do it thanks

3 Likes

Agree, these swap instructions for Trust Wallet are inaccurate. There is no option to swap Matic BEP2 within the Trust Wallet. If we live in the US, we do not have access to Binance. Other options for swapping or solutions so investors do not lose their MATIC BEP2? Thank you.

4 Likes

Please negotiate with Trust wallet to activate the MATIC Bep2 swap, it has been deactivated for some times and within this limited time it would be great for people who don’t have access to Binance exchange. They can change it in the trust wallet

3 Likes

Beyond that, what other options are there? I have contacted Trust Wallet and their response was to contact Polygon. Thanks for the reply.

2 Likes

hey @jamestang2015 @CryptoVerse and @LaamNFT.

I have already made aware the respective team of the issues you are facing and they will respond asap to your questions.

Till then, if urgent, feel free to open a ticket with the support team here: Submit a ticket : Polygon Support

4 Likes

Thanks, I just sent Trust Wallet Support a message on this. All affected users should contact Trust Wallet Support to create demand so they will enable the MATIC BEP2 Swap feature temporarily. At least until March 31.

3 Likes

Thank you. I am sure this issue affects many investors. And I am also sure many investors are not aware of this yet.

3 Likes

Trust Wallet Support replied saying it is impossible to enable the MATIC BEP2 swap option.
So we still need to find out a way to keep from losing our MATIC BEP2 on the Trust Wallet… ideas anyone?

3 Likes

You can still follow these steps, right?

Swap using your Binance Exchange Account

1. Create a deposit address for MATIC with Network selected as BEP2 in your Binance Exchange account. Create one if you don’t have it.

1. Copy the deposit address from above.
  2. Now go to Binance Chain Wallet, Trust wallet or Ledger etc. Ensure that the MATIC you hold is on the Binance BEP2 Chain.
  3. Send the MATIC BEP2 from your wallet to the deposit address that you copied above.
2 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t have access to binance due to its service restriction on the country I am living in

2 Likes

No access to Binance, I’m in the US. I do have access to Binance.US. Ideas?

2 Likes

Did you ever find a solution?

2 Likes

Binance.US has a BNB BEP2 option. Can I send MATIC BEP2 at the BNB BEP2 address? Based on the Binance image above, it looks like it. Will it then convert the MATIC BEP2 to POLYGON BEP20?

2 Likes

Seems you can withdraw or deposit your tokens in binance exchange

2 Likes

Swap them on a dex directly, don’t use Trust wallets built in dex. What is the contract address? Post it here and I will find a dex you can exchange it on.

2 Likes

I tried to swap inside Trust. The swap feature is now available, but at the end I get the following message: “token MATIC-B4A is not bound”.

As a proof of concept I can swap BNB between networks (BEP2 to BEP20), have enough BNB for gas.

Did anyone else face the same problem?

3 Likes

For all Binance.us customers try the following to save you BEP2 MATIC assets before their evaporate on March 31 2023. It worked for me to transfer the BEP2 MATIC and BEP2 FTM from Trustwallet to Binance.us by using the Binance.us BNB BEP2 network deposit address and memo field.

3 Likes

Once the BEP2 MATIC and BEP2 FTM arrived in my the Binance.us account I transferred them over to their respective native blockchain network. It worked perfectly. I can see both coins in their native format in my Hot/Cold wallets.

3 Likes

It worked for me too. I started with $1 just to prove the concept, and after it worked, moved more coins (still in parts, just in case… :wink: )

2 Likes