On issues with deposits from Ethereum to Polygon PoS via the PoS bridge

We are in the same boat. This is insane. No communication. Just a post saying there is a problem. We know there is a problem. When will the problem be fixed and our coins returned?

4 Likes

Any updates, please? Even if it’s longer, what is the timeline?

5 Likes

I have been in contact with you and got a response to come to this thread. I also tried to transfer ETH from the ETH network to polygon last night using the function on Opensea. It was confirmed on eth with nothing arriving yet on polygon. Your earlier response said it would clear up in 24 hours but nothing yet. Gas dropped earlier and they should have started going through but since they haven’t and no one is updating us, I think it’s safe to assume the transactions were not cueing as they are supposed to. I likely had a lower amount transferring than others here but together this is a lot of ETH that seems to have vanished. What can we do to remedy this situation?

6 Likes

We need answer! Can you get back to us ASAP! Now 24 hours i did the transaction!!! Was suppose to be 5 minute! You need to give us an answer, follow up! WTF!

7 Likes

So fucking annoying what a rookie way to do things for a top crypto project. Why the fuck couldn’t you guys write that because of the eip 1559 change that deposits and withdrawals were not going to be complete at regular time frame. So annoyed at this I have about 30k stuck and totally missed on a ido launch. You guys couldn’t disable the fucking thing if you weren’t going to post a warning? very unprofessional for whoever was supposed to stay on top of this shit.

7 Likes

The state of software engineering is in some kind of red alert these days.

I can talk to my coworker, about why we do the change, and the principle behind it, (and it is like a 3 minute explanation). She didn’t understand it, so I simplified it a little bit and tell her. But she didn’t want to listen. She just said, just tell me: Step 1, do this, step 2, do this, step 3, do this.

And so she’d do things without understanding what it is, why we do it.

The same goes for my other coworkers. They don’t understand it, but they found somebody, or the docs, which says, “type this in, type that in” and they do it, and they have no idea why. And if something doesn’t work, they are totally lost.

And when companies interview candidates, they ask those LeetCode questions, and people do those to prepare for the interview and appear like a grand algorithm master, when they are only reciting what they remember. The really good people, who have worked in the industry for 15 or 20 years, don’t know these LeetCode questions, get a low score according to this “exam system” and do not get hired. And so what goes into the workforce is lot of the: cracking the interview people.

The companies don’t care. The recruiting departments don’t care. The coworkers don’t care. Sometimes, all they want is to hire a “cool dude” or a good looking babe.

That’s the lesson I got: don’t think too high of human beings. When you just expect it to be crappy most of the time, you don’t have any disappointment.

2 Likes

For those that are wondering what’s going on, they just neglected to have some type of message or notification to warn users about this and when they did it was well after people trying to move from eth to poly blockchain or visa versa

EIP 1559 Upgrade

Now who knows how the fuck this new upgrade will affect all of that used this pos feature its been exactly 24 hours and these knuckleheads haven’t been able to resolve the issue

7 Likes

Hey guys. I am sure you are working on this. Sh!t happens. However you need to give us an update- even if it is “still working on it.” There is a lot of real money on the line here and people need reassurance.

6 Likes

All we ask is for some communication. Complete radio silence on such an important issue like this is unsettling and erodes any semblance of trust in moving my money through Polygon again in the future. I have over $150K in ETH stuck in this mess. Please provide us with an update, smoke signal, something! The lack of communication here is absolutely unacceptable. Your silence on this issue only leads one to speculate whether there is a bigger issue at hand here and you are not being truthful with what is actually going on. Surely someone from the dev team can take 2 seconds of there time to provide an update.

6 Likes

Same here. WTH is going on and when can we get an update!!

3 Likes

Is this lawful or is there something that can take place legally here!

1 Like

This is a scandal. You should at least offer a refund or simply REFUSE TRANSACTIONS,
Accepting transactions is a Cash flow Maneuver!!!

1 Like

This is a huge lack of respect from Polygon! now more than 27 hours my ETH is stock! WTF!!!

You told us 24 hours, then you dont give us any update! This is playing in money that is not yours!

We relay on your service, you need to get us our fund!! and we also need to have a compensation wtih all this fuck up situation! We dont just have time to get worrie about those things! We are suppose to have our fund ind 5 mins!!!

WTF!!!

1 Like

more than 24hr still no answer…so what can we do now?

1 Like

this is ridiculous, been over 24 hours without my funds. polygon sucks for this

1 Like

If we r patients & counting on them 2 cure us…
Congratulations!u already dead…

1 Like

I bridge 11 ETH 28hrs ago even 4hrs before this announcement, I can’t believe the lack of communication and ignorance I tried to be patient but this is totally ridiculous, you guys affecting my business and I’m down 12-18% and all my projects are f*** up, I can’t explain this situation with each of my customers and share this link with them, how can you accepts people funds and not letting them know the transformation is delayed and going to be freeze & not communicate with them! This is totally against the law it’s fraud and counts as a criminal act! no more respect and trust for Polygon anymore, I’m looking to bridge everything back to ETH as soon as my funds unfreeze.

2 Likes

We are coming up on hour 22 since this post is was created. While I have plently of trust in the polygon team, an update after the 24 hour mark would be refreshing.

With opensea and this forum claiming funds are safe it gives me reassurance but opportunities lost are disappointing.

Good Luck Polygon Team.

1 Like

I bridged about 2 hours ago and it just came through. Don’t know if that helps but it seems its slow but working. Good luck

2 Likes

The funds finally landed but damn that was fucked up still at a loss

2 Likes