On issues with deposits from Ethereum to Polygon PoS via the PoS bridge

All,

We are experiencing an issue with the state sync mechanism of the Polygon PoS chain bridges.

1. The withdrawals from Polygon PoS to Ethereum are working as normal, although the deposits from Ethereum to Polygon Pos via the PoS bridge are encountering issues.
  2. All deposited funds are safe and will be reflected once the relay mechanism is back to normal.
  3. Initial investigation points to the cause being a particular deposit creating a large data variable that awaits a sync from Ethereum to Polygon PoS over the validator node run relay mechanism.
  4. We expect the issue to be resolved in 24 hours, until then the deposits on the Polygon wallet UI will be paused.
  5. In the meantime, deposits and withdrawals to and from the Polygon PoS and mainnet Ethereum on the exchanges are operating as normal.
  6. Also, fast withdrawal bridges to and from Polygon PoS and mainnet Ethereum are available as an alternative.

The team is still investigating and plans to share more soon.

The Polygon team

9 Likes

Hey team,

Is there a larger issue with polygon?
There is a large >24k usd worth transaction being sent to the PoS bridge, but it is now in the black hole.

First time i use polygon more seriously and this happens :hole:

6 Likes

I tried to make a payment for an NFT on Opensea with polygon ETH for the first time last night. Lost $1,035 in the process of making two swaps from ETH to Polygon ETH. It says the transaction went through, but the Polygon Eth is nowhere to be found. I am hoping this is just because of bridge issues.

This is the message I got on my meta mask.

Polygon Problem

The confusing part to me is that is says the payment was processed.

I am relatively new to this, so any help is appreciated! I really can’t afford to lose $1,035 dollars. (There was one more transaction where I also can’t find my money) Thanks in advance!

6 Likes

Good Morning all!

The thing that is getting me worry is that i did my transaciton yesterday at 5:50 PM EST. My ETH gone from my metamask, 0.25 ETH.

The important thing is i will loose the opportunity to get the NFT i wanted for something i cant control! Who will get me a solution for this! I appreciate to say our money is safe, but it get me a little worrie also that you only reply or address the issue a day after, this is not suppose to be 24/7???

4 Likes

I have the same problem, I have paid a NFT in opensea two times and it has been not bought, which is the solution from polygon?

4 Likes

What’s the estimated fix time on this issue?

5 Likes

Same to me. Im sitting at 16 hours

5 Likes

Is there an update on this? Funds have been stuck in the bridge for 24 hrs now

5 Likes

Anyone got there fund back, for me now 18 hours…??? how much time we need to wait??

4 Likes

You shouldn’t invest what you cannot afford to loose. Rule #1 of crypto!

4 Likes

@eth_marco this is when you gamble. Not sure what polygon is for you, but at least i am using it differently.

4 Likes

Is there any update on this? :hole:

4 Likes

I chose Deposit, instead of Withdrawal. Wanted to send from etherium to polygon. its been 22 hours… still nothing??

4 Likes

Has anyone had the issue resolved yet?

5 Likes

As I know, no transaction…

4 Likes

Since there is no update, it is probably all gone.

5 Likes

I’m having same issue it’s been over 24 hours since my first bridge from ETH to WETH on opensea to purchase NFTs. WTH is going on?

6 Likes

For such a severe bug that affects the funds of users, the triage team is pretty slow and unresponsive.

7 Likes

Deposits now stuck in limbo for over 28 hours, what is going on??

4 Likes

Hello

When will this issue be resolved? We are frustrated. Personally, my 800 MATIC tokens are no longer in my wallet. I was simply trying to move my tokens from the ethereum network to the polygon network. The website said it will take 7-8 mins and it has been one day. This is unacceptable. My wallet address is 0xe47d31920A6790d2F40B8C262bE80a104eD2B968. Please advise.

Regards,
Nye

4 Likes