Grant Request by TavernDAO

Hi Sam, my Twitter handle is @ZC_Kok. Do ping me over there

5 Likes

This project is really good for beginner… help for all searching chance in digital platform to success :+1::muscle:

6 Likes

Nice to meet you. :slightly_smiling_face:
I went to check on the situation.
I feel that we are going to see a proliferation of sweatshop DAOs that do not pay for their labor.
It’s not a good idea if you can’t make money, but scholars and users should be protected from such situations as much as possible.
So, I thought this was an interesting experiment.

However, I was concerned about the transparency of the review of this project itself, since it is practically an auditing organization, and I wondered if there would be any possibility of bribed reviews.

In such a case, credibility will be compromised and meaning will be lost.

I would be grateful if you could let me know how this is being resolved.

5 Likes

Nice to meet @hibiki !

We were definitely inspired to form this platform due to our scholars’ and our frustration with how things are being done now; it’s very clear to us that this is something that will definitely solve a major pain point.

With regards to your question,

1. Concern about transparency

We understand your concern on this because transparency is our core battle for this product - we firmly believe that it drives accountability, sweatshop DAOs can only do harm in dark corners but not in broad daylight.

A few things we’re working on would be

a) Anonymous Reviews

• No biasness or extra weight will be provided to anyone individual when it comes to their reviews.
  • Scholars/players will be able to clearly vent their frustration or shower their praises without any fear.

b) Community-driven judgements

• Upvote/rating function will be used to bring light to topics that are of concern or of importance.

c) Law of Number:

• The unfortunate truth is that we will meet a few bad apples but that’s why we’re obsessed with the scholar experience - the community; it’s easy to fake reviews when only 10 peeps are using the platform and only 1-2 folks are providing reviews, but, it’s very hard to drown the voice of a very large community, case in point: Youtube videos with millions of views, the like/dislike ratio is generally an accurate measurement of the utility/enjoyment of the said video.
  1. Possibility of bribing

a) The community will sense that something is off if the information that they’re getting from the platform is consistently inaccurate or faces a shift into inaccuracy, this will lead to the downfall of the project and hence accepting bribes will only kill the project.

b) Alternatively, guilds could bribe individuals to leave good reviews for them, however, this only becomes an issue if our platform becomes significant enough for them to be incentivised to do so, by then, the voice of the community will drown the fake reviews, potential scholars will be able to easily check out the good and bad reviews for a fairer comparison as well

Thanks for taking the time to find out more about our project, feel free to connect with us on Twitter or with me via @zc_kok if you have more questions! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I as a current scholar of TavernDAO fully support this project as its really a lifesaver to any working adult or fresh graduates that are struggling to cope with the arduous post-covid life. This medium-sized community really helped numorous individual in combating with financial difficulties & I’m certain it will definitely improve as TavernDAO expands its current scholarship to more P2E games like Thetan Arena, Pexagy, Sandbox, Arker etc. As one of Malaysia’s largest P2E guild, I’m sure TavernDAO will reach greater heights & be a major contribution to Malaysia’s society. May TavernDAO be a huge success :partying_face:

5 Likes

mimus come support… hope this is new way of life and continue long journey

6 Likes

Very hard to find a local crypto gaming company in Malaysia.
Keep Going TavernDao!!
Will always support TavernDao !! :joy:

6 Likes

This project definitely have my full support. The community here are amazing. Eventhou, I am a new member and have zero knowledge when I first joined in, they made me feel like I belong. I’ve been guided and trained and they make sure nobody left behind. I believe with their systematic approach and well-organised team, alot more other people can be benefited by this project coming soon. Cheers, I hope this project will be a great success!

5 Likes

Woahhh. Can’t wait!! This will defo ease the process of finding a good guild/ scholarship. Are you guys looking into Pegaxy next?

Keep it up!

5 Likes

I am VERY optimistic for this project and it has my wholehearted support. Having the opportunity to be under GamingForGood(GFG) which is ultimately rebranded into TavernDAO, I have seen how professional the management has fostered their past projects which is Axie Infinity Scholarships Program. I must say that they are meticulous and practical in their planning and actions towards their objectives (I watched their pitching on gathering sponsors). If we are talking about financial literacy to manage the grant given, I have no doubt they have what it takes. I am more than certain that they will reach the milestones in no time, as I have watched the guild grow from around 25 scholars into around 150 scholars. The scholarships has helped hundreds of people in these trying times, I’m glad to find this guild, while some unfortunate players who are seeking scholarships under other suspicious guilds are not as lucky, as they are blatantly ripped off. So I really support this project’s objective to set up a guild vetting system by aggregating guild data.

5 Likes

As someone who has been invested in their project since their early stage (GFG), I definitely see how far they have grown from a few people group to now, a strong bonded community. What TavernDAO has in mind to scale to be inclusive of groups that could contribute to the P2E sector is huge where gamers and developers will be in the same ecosystem and that could potentially change how the landscape of P2E looks like in the near future. And to get to where the team is at currently, I think we have to give credit to the strong core team and I believe the team will get to where they envision to be in no time.

5 Likes

Considering how great this community is, I am very much looking forward to this project and more things that the “tavern” will bring to its community. :heart:

4 Likes

Finally the brilliant idea I’ve been looking for a system like this, it is very nice, simple and easy for all parties involved.

I have high hopes for the team to help millions of scholars including myself of course, hahaa. Hopefully this DAO can go further than expected.

4 Likes