Grant Request by Sunflower Land (Sunflower Farmers) - Revised

Submission Date

January 12, 2022

Project Links

Twitter: https://twitter.com/0xSunflowerLand

Project Description

Sunflower Land (previously Sunflower Farmers) was the simple farming & crafting game which went viral over the course of 2 weeks. Players could plant crops, chop wood, mine gold and much more to gather the materials needed to craft NFTs.

We went from 100 daily players to over 50,000 and 350K Blockchain accounts.

The game was not perfect, and unfortunately it was abused by bots. We learnt a lot of lessons from our original design and have a solid implementation with off-chain data to improve the scalability and gas fee efficiency.

Our new project, Sunflower Land reaches further than the constraints of Farming. The open source community is building a MetaVerse where content creators can release their own NFTs and eventually gameplay mechanics.

We believe the MetaVerse should be shaped by the players and that is our vision we aim to achieve.

Our Discord community of 60K is patiently waiting for the release of Sunflower Land to begin exploring and building their empire.

Amount Requested

Original: 100,000 USD
Revised: 8000 USD

Milestones

Marketing is not a concern right now, our focus is on designing and building the scalable infrastructure to support the game. We already have a working front-end, game design and community ready to go!

Milestone 1 (100K) - Off-chain data, verification and anti-bot filtering. Includes resources for cloud solution architect, infrastructure costs and solidity developer/audits. 2-3 months - 50K up-front, 50K TVL until game is launched (to cover infrastructure costs)

Milestone 2 (500K approx.) - Platform to launch your own in game NFTs and features. Includes formation of legal and marketing team.

Next milestones (To determine budget).

723 Likes

Hi everyone. I am Adam, the creator of Sunflower Land.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to myself or the team if you have any questions.

Our Discord server has sections for developers, artists and tokenomics discussions if you want to chat with the team and the community - discord.gg/pxHyh9hauu

85 Likes

Super Stoked and Excited for the Release! I suggest people of Polygon who ain’t in yet, to keep an eye on this one… Coming in Hot :fire::fire::fire::fire: LFG

23 Likes

I think this game can become really interesting in the future, because their vision is want to let people creating the game together start from the beginning.

I can’t help much right now, since I’m not a game designer nor the code writer, but I will see the opportunity once it available for me in the near future.

Salam Woo Hoo!

Laoshi Ferdy | FO#4380
From Indonesia

19 Likes

where can support the proyect requested ?

11 Likes

I stand firmly with sunflower land cause it is vision is purely for the people, by the people, with the people.

14 Likes

The community in this project is amazing. Everyone is extremely supportive and informative. The Dev team is doing an outstanding job, with the game, with the vision and in deliverance with their community. We all are anxiously waiting for v2 which will in no doubt be a great experience for everyone.

19 Likes

One of the best blockchain fully on-chain game I had seen and the community was so cool.

11 Likes

caant wait for the V2 releaase , i m stocked

10 Likes

I’m really looking forward for this game to come back

The team has all my support!

11 Likes

I can’t wait for coming to play this game.

Keep going. I hope you can fix everything pass well.

10 Likes

one of the greatest projects on polygon network I have EVER seen FOR SURE! HOPE TO PLAY IT SOON

10 Likes

one of the greatest projects
i trust you guys <3 good luck

11 Likes

I really believe that sunflower Farm could be the next big thing in crypto community and it’s the best polygon nft game I have ever played

13 Likes

A great project to start in the NFTs and crypto market! I support the project always!

10 Likes

Been playing the (old) beta since Jul/Aug 2021 and I truly believe in the vision of the team, and how they want to evolve the game. This is without any doubt the first step into a true, working, booming Metaverse.

10 Likes

I am very excited about the uniqueness of the idea that anyone can release NFTs and games, and the idea of a metaverse shaped by players. I believe that it will be a front-end that will definitely grow together with the polygon chain in the future.

9 Likes

…definitely worth helping this team deliver and thrive on the Polygon ecosystem; their donations to charity alone exceeded $150k and the game - even though imperfect - attracted a large following in a very short time-frame.
Highly recommend approving this grant request!

13 Likes

Hi farmers!
I’m Romy, one of the Developers for Sunflower Land.

Thanks for the support.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions!

Discord - Sunflower Land

18 Likes

This game is awesome! Simple, universal and fun to play!! Looking forward this game being the world greatest game in blockchain :fire:

11 Likes