Hello everyone, my name is Fedor and here is my story. I have never worked with the polygon network before and this has happened. My address is: 0x5B201EF6A7bDED6D2040922FF55c49f74A3dAfB8. Yesterday I received an airdrop of PSLIP tokens in the Polygon network, I started transferring these tokens to the ETH network on the website, page: Polygon Web Wallet v2, then I wanted to abandon this venture because the gas fee was too high, I rejected the transaction on the ETH network. Next, I wanted the tokens to be returned to my account (Polygon), but I didn’t understand how to do it, I clicked on support, but all my attempts to send a ticket failed because “Captcha verification failed, try again” after another (about 15 times) I was redirected to this phishing site with online support https://withdrawal-support.polygon-matic.network and there the operator gave me a link so that I would click on it and enter my data (the phrase sid). After that, all my funds were completely stolen from all three networks.
Now I have a transaction with a transfer: Polygon Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | PolygonScan , but I can’t send a ticket support again, and I was just banned in the chat.
I lost all my money because I used the official website, how can this be? I swear that I switched to a phishing site from the official site!! I’ve been saving money for a whole year to buy these tokens and they were just stolen. Any attempt to get help from the MATIC support service was unsuccessful.
Fedor, I was scammed by the same site - bad move; you were lured into a “sweeper” scam which gives the scammer access to your wallet. Never use that wallet again!! I lost more than 5000 MATIC in the process. I have asked Polygon to request that scam site be taken down, and also reached out directly to the domain host. Recommend you document your loss with local and federal law enforcement, and also file a grievance with the domain host, “Namecheap.” Their complaint site is here, and all who have lost to this scam should file a complaint https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/9196/5/how-and-where-can-i-file-abuse-complaints/
here is the language I used in my complaint; update the dates and numbers to match your situation and pass it on!!
NOTE: THIS REQUEST IS REGARDS TO CASE IN FAIRFAX COUNTY VIRGINIA (2021-#######), U.S. FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION REPORTFRAUD.FTC.GOV (CASE ########) AND FBI INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINT CENTER (IC3) FILED M/DD/YYYY.
- THIS SITE IS A MALICIOUS CRYPTOCURRENCY SCAM FRONT, PRETEXTING AS HELPDESK FOR THE CRYPTOCURRENCY FIRM “POLYGON.” THE LEGITIMATE SITE IS HTTPS://WALLET.POLYGON.TECHNOLOGY/ AND THE CORRECT HELPDESK IS HTTPS://SUPPORT.POLYGON.TECHNOLOGY/SUPPORT/HOME.
- THIS INCIDENT IS RELATED TO LOSS OF CRYPTOCURRENCY TO AN UN-NAMED SCAM ARTIST OPERATING THE WEBSITE NAMED AS THE ABUSIVE URL.
- ON MM/DD/2021, A USER MISTAKENLY USED THIS SCAM WEBSITE POSING AS A HELP DESK FOR A HIGH-PROFILE, MAINSTREAM CRYPTOCURRENCY COMPANY, “POLYGON.” POLYGON IS SIMILAR TO BITCOIN, IN THAT IT IS A LARGE, INTERNATIONAL CRYPTOCURRENCY FIRM WITH $8.3B MARKET CAP.
- USING A PRETEXTING/ELICITATION METHOD ON DD/MM/YYYY, THE SCAM ARTIST GAINED ACCESS TO A CRYPTO “WALLET,” (METAMASK) AND STOLE $#### IN “MATIC” CURRENCY ON MM/DD BY LOGGING INTO THE WALLET AND MOVING THE MONEY TO THEIR OWN. THIS INFORMATION IS FULLY DOCUMENTED ON THE BLOCKCHAIN, AND THE USER CAN PROVIDE VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE.
- THE USER HAS FILED WITH THE FBI INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINT CENTER, U.S. FTC AND LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AND WILL BE RETAINING COUNSEL AND CRYPTOCURRENCY FORENSICS SERVICES TO PURSUE THE REAL PERSON BEHIND THIS THEFT, FROM THE BLOCKCHAIN INTO THE BANKING SYSTEM.
- TO FULLY RESOLVE THIS ISSUE YOU ARE HEREBY ON NOTICE THAT THE ABUSIVE DOMAIN, HOSTED BY “NAMECHEAP” MAY CREATE LEGAL LIABILITY FOR YOUR FIRM AND ACTION SHOULD BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY TO REMOVE THIS DOMAIN AND SITE(S) FROM PUBLIC ACCESS. ALL RECORDS, ESPECIALLY RECORDS OF THE TRUE OWNER(S) MUST BE RETAINED TO ENABLE DUE PROCESS UNDER [COUNTRY/STATE] LAW AND ANY OTHER STATE AND LOCAL LAWS.