Transfer from Binance to Bittrex over mainnet instead of ERC-20

To whoever can advise,

Today I transferred my Matic tokens from Binance to a Bittrex polygon wallet. I did the transfer over the mainnet, because there was no mention on the Bittrex deposit page that they only support ERC-20 tokens. The tokens did not arrive in my Bittrex account, and the exchange has told me they cannot recover them. I can see the tokens on polygonscan. How can I access them? If Bittrex integrates polygon mainnet in the future, will the tokens appear in my Bittrex holdings?

Thank you for your support,
m.

1 Like

Many thanks for your advice, @shubhangi ! I can see the tokens on polygonscan and the time they were deposited, but I can’t see a way to import them to a wallet like metamask. Any advice on how I can do that?

Thank you very much!

Thanks @shubhangi. I have a metamask wallet, but how did I import the tokens? As I said, they were sent from Binance to a Bittrex Matic wallet over the Polygon mainnet, but I should have sent them over the Ethereum blockchain as Bittrex only supports ERC20 Matic tokens. So the tokens are stuck in an address created by Bittrex but which I can’t access. I was not warned on either end of this problem.

Thank you for your advice.

Hi last night i did the same stupid thing from my metamask to Bittrex-global.

Hi @Uzair_Sharif Thanks for reaching to polygon Forums. Customer service may take some time to respond due to a large number of requests. We believe your case will be resolved as soon as possible. Kindly visit the polygon support live chat website
MATIC LIVE SUPPORT

are you a high bot? blabla

Hi Uzair,

I still haven’t recovered my polygon. Have you contacted Bittrex? When I contacted them they said it would require high level security access and was therefore not possible. Perhaps if more people complain, they will help. They should make it clearer that they do not accept polygon on mainnet.

Thanks,
m.

Hi Sir,

thanks for your response. Yes i tried my luck with them too and unfortunately got similar response. Their reasoning regarding security kind of makes sense too. Right now I just hope polygon gets mainstream and exchanges like Bittrex Global are forced to allow polygon in/out…Based on my interaction with support team, I am hopeful that when they do enable polygon then they would be kind enough to return my MATIC tokens

now they are showing this stupid missing message on deposit fml

Hi Uzair,

Sorry, just seen your reply! I am also hopeful that Bittrex will integrate Polygon main net and finally retrieve our tokens!

Very frustrating waiting to access our tokens, and that Bittrex didn’t provide clearer instructions about using eth blockchain.

m