Polygon bor node synch is too slow

Hi @sandeep,

I have set up polygon node using Run a Full Node using Docker | Polygon Wiki but synch rate is very low, its been 3 months , node synched till November 2021.
System configuration : Server configuration: Standard D16ads v5 (16 vcpus, 64 GiB memory)
Disk configuration: 16tb Premium SSD Max iops 18000
What may increase the synch rate or its normal? and also I tried to use snapshot approach but of no use
Can you please help me with this query.

1 Like

Hi, @Sowmya Thank you for raising this issue.

Could you please let us know whether your node is able to match this criterion? Link Below

1 Like

Hi @snthkmr83 ,
As per the link you provided, I already having high end server configuration.
Server configuration: Standard D16ads v5 (16 vcpus, 64 GiB memory)
Disk configuration: 16tb Premium SSD Max iops 18000
[/quote]
RAM: 64GB

Still facing the slowness but not sure about the point * The node is running on a fork - means at certain point the block production was done by forking on a different block and that has impacted the further block production
if above is the case how to troubleshoot it , how to narrow down this issue?

1 Like

Hi @snthkmr83 ,
Any update on my query? shall I share bor config file

1 Like

@Sowmya Thank You for the update.

My main query was whether your node is syncing at least 15-20 Blocks for 8 secs.

Are you stating that your node is running on the wrong fork? If so please try the below suggestion

And finally setting the cache parameter to 40% of your total memory should fasten up the syncing process.

1 Like

@snthkmr83 , yes around 15-20 blocks are synching for 8 sec

And one more query that setting the cache parameter to 40% of total memory - Is this for docker or the VM?

1 Like

Yes, this is applicable for docker also.

Also, your node is running fine 15-20 blocks for 8 secs is normal.

1 Like

I have set up a Polygon node using the “Run a Full Node using Docker” method outlined in the Polygon Wiki. However, I’m experiencing a significantly low sync rate, as it has been three months, and my node has only synced until November 2021. My server configuration includes a Standard D16ads v5 with 16 vCPUs and 64 GiB of memory. I have also allocated a 16TB Premium SSD with a maximum IOPS of 18000 for disk storage. Despite these resources, the sync rate remains slow. I attempted using the snapshot approach, but it didn’t improve the situation. Regards

1 Like