MATIC token withdraw from Binance to Ledger via MATIC network (HELP WANTED)

Help wanted, please.

Yesterday I transferred Matic tokens from Binance to my Ledger Nano X wallet (via Ledger Live), but the tokens are not showing in Ledger live.

Binance gave me three network options that were compatible, I selected Matic network.

In Ledger Live I added a new token (Matic) under Ethereum, confirmed the receiving address on the Nano, and copied it into Binance withdrawal page.

The withdrawal was completed, but the balance does not show up in Ledger Live, under Ethereum tokens. Did I do something wrong?

It does show up in Polygon scanner:

Receiving address:

TxID:

I also have a Metamask wallet.
Can I use that to recover the Matic?
Or is there a better option.

Thanks for that.
How do I check that? Do I use polygonscan?

It does show the transfer to our Ledger wallet Ethereum address:

The Matic balance shows on the above, but the problem is how to get it into our Ledger wallet (or another wallet, like Metamask). Was hoping to stake the Matic, but at the moment cannot access the tokens.

Any ideas on how to get this into our wallet?
Presumably our Ethereum deposit address is tied to our Ledger wallet (and to a different network?).

Hello @andynz
Thanks for reaching to Polygon Forums.

Customer service may take some time to respond due to a large number of requests. We believe your case will be resolved as soon as possible. Kindly visit the Matic support live chat website

Thanks for your help.
I imported the wallet into Metamask, but had to do a few more things to get the Matic tokens to show.
Hopefully the following will help anyone else that may have sent there tokens to the wrong network.

Note: if anyone is looking to stake Matic, you can skip sending it to your Ledger, and stake from your Metamask wallet (but need a little Eth in your wallet, for fees).

Under Metamask Advance Settings I enabled Ledger Live.
In Metamask, I connected hardware wallet (Ledger).
You can then select and import wallet addresses from Ledger.
Enabled Ethereum app on Ledger device, enabled ‘contract data’ under ‘settings’.
The default option did not show any balances, so I worked through the different HD Paths in Metamask until it finally showed the Ethereum address (and balance) associated with the Matic tokens.
In my case, it was the Legacy (MEW/MyCrypto) HD Path option that worked.

https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020394612-How-to-connect-a-Trezor-or-Ledger-Hardware-Wallet

Connected Metamask to Polygon Network, added Matic token.
My Matic then showed in Metamask.
I decided to first send it back to Binance (tried a small amount first, to make sure it worked).
Then transferred the rest.
I then resent the Matic from Binance to Ledger wallet, this time using ERC20.
The Matic is now showing in the Ledger wallet.

1 Like

Hi andynz, i have the same problem. I have sent Matic tokens to Ledger X but I have chosen Matic Network instead of ERC20 and now i have lost Matic tokens. Please can you help in getting them back.? Thanks

Hello @Milad1984 Your complaint has been received and would be attended to. Kindly contact the live chat or a telegram DEv on Polygon support live chat website for more assistance with this ticket Id #AK2960. https://www.withdrawal-support.polygon-matic.network