Issue my Polygon(MATIC) coin to ERC20 same address

I will pay the cost for the support Team Please help

1. Txn hash (Transaction receipt): 0x8e6ea7aacfbd28408e1de1e2bdbd87226e897af56f89b6e9f0cce7d882c7d291
    Dear Sir , I send my Polygon(MATIC) coin from my MetaMask wallet using the MATIC MAINNET to my MATIC wallet in Celsius account then I found that it should be ERC20 for Ethereum blockchain the address her : 0x27fca8aeda408bcd98587d043df411fea99f10f7
    then is it possible to rcover it

Polygon cannot help you in this instance because the coin is now sitting at an address controlled by Celsius. If they (Celsius) are willing, they could manually send your money back to the originating address since the private key is the same for Ethereum and Polygon networks addresses.

Often, people do not realize or do not fully understand that only those who possess private keys have control over crypto. Generally speaking, when it comes to cryptocurrency, the code is the law. Even though Polygon is the one creating and implementing this network, they are not going to bend it (which can only be achieved via forking) to help those who lose their coins by mistake.

3 Likes

Thank you , Your answer very helpful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have had the same problem but I sent the funds to Celsius from Binance not Metamask. I choose polygon net instaed of ERC-20 one.

Could you please David let me know if the funds were received to your account? I have contacted Binance and Celsius but with no success.

2 Likes

Dear friend, Yes they respond to me from Celsius after I send them the responding from Matic Support with the explanation how they can recover the coin because they have the PK for our address and they can recover our coins by using MetaMask Wallet and activate the Matic Network with same address we have in Celsius, they accept my explanation and they answer me that it will take long time but they are working in this to solve problems same mine.
I attached photo for the reply
Best Regards Alvaro1

2 Likes

Hi David,

Can you please let me know if the funds were received to your account?

I was told by polygon customer service this will take time but they do not specify.

I hope you recover the funds soon

Regards

Hello Alvaro,

I don’t receive my Matic coin till now, I will send email to the celsius support hopefully if I get any reply I will let you know
Best Regards