How to query Polygon network block information?

Hello, I am trying to develop an explorer for the Polygon network, similar to https://polygonscan.com/ but where I have synchronized the node and I fetch information from my local blockchain (I am aware that API calls can be made through polygonscan end points).

It will just be a REST API Server built on NodeJS and I wonder how can I get information about the matic blockchain such as:
Get block by hash number, Get block by number, transaction info by hash etc. You get the point.

I am aware of a library called MaticJS to fetch various information about the polygon network but I don’t think it provides detailed enough information. How should I go about querying block information, transaction information etc.?

I apologise if a similiar topic has been discussed already. I tried to go through various resources, the documentation, github but I could not answer my question. Thank you in advance. Cheers!

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The docs state explicitly that this library is for the Ethereum network. Will it work for MATIC/Polygon network precisely?