Hello! I tried to withdraw an amount of MATIC coins from binance to crypto.com but instead of choosing ERC20 network I choose MATIC network and I lost my coins. Is there anything I can do to get them back?

Hello! I tried to withdraw an amount of MATIC coins from binance to crypto.com but instead of choosing ERC20 network I choose MATIC network and I lost my coins. Is there anything I can do to get them back??

1 Like

Hi,

I did a similar thing, and thought I had lost them, but managed to recover them with Metamask wallet.
This wallet supports the Matic network.

Here’s the link to what I did (some of it may not apply, as I also have a Ledger hardware wallet).
Hope this helps.

https://forum.polygon.technology/t/matic-token-withdraw-from-binance-to-ledger-via-matic-network-help-wanted/1772

Thanks for your help.
I imported the wallet into Metamask, but had to do a few more things to get the Matic tokens to show.
Hopefully the following will help anyone else that may have sent there tokens to the wrong network.

Note: if anyone is looking to stake Matic, you can skip sending it to your Ledger, and stake from your Metamask wallet (but need a little Eth in your wallet, for fees).

Under Metamask Advance Settings I enabled Ledger Live.
In Metamask, I connected hardware wallet (Ledger).
You can then select and import wallet addresses from Ledger.
Enabled Ethereum app on Ledger device, enabled ‘contract data’ under ‘settings’.
The default option did not show any balances, so I worked through the different HD Paths in Metamask until it finally showed the Ethereum address (and balance) associated with the Matic tokens.
In my case, it was the Legacy (MEW/MyCrypto) HD Path option that worked.

https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020394612-How-to-connect-a-Trezor-or-Ledger-Hardware-Wallet

Connected Metamask to Polygon Network, added Matic token.
My Matic then showed in Metamask.
I decided to first send it back to Binance (tried a small amount first, to make sure it worked).
Then transferred the rest.
I then resent the Matic from Binance to Ledger wallet, this time using ERC20.
The Matic is now showing in the Ledger wallet.