December 19, 2021
Spect is a decentralized gig economy for DAOs and the sovereign individual.
- Make it possible for an individual to sustainably work for DAOs over a long period of time and find purpose in the work that they do.
- Empower DAOs to attract and coordinate talented members to get high quality work done.
The problem -
We found that it was hard for freelancers to take the leap of faith and work for DAOs full time. This is mainly because of income uncertainty and no benefits. Also, working for DAOs today means monitoring Discord servers for things to do or knowing enough about a project or a market to be able to create something meaningful for the DAO. This is a big blocker for someone who isn’t able to devote 3-6 months to learn enough about an ecosystem to meaningfully contribute. Freelancers need to find ways to get paid from the time they start working for DAOs.
For DAOs, it is a coordination problem. This involves valuing tasks optimally, monitoring them and attracting top talent to pick up the task while also having the certainty that they will receive a high quality delivery within a certain timeline.
Our progress so far -
- Launched the alpha version of the Spect app on Polygon recently - https://app.spect.network/
- Built the website for Spect - https://spect.network/
- Published our first blog post - Spect Network — Mirror
- We are spending most of our efforts on talking to initial users.
- We are ideating a tool for DAO working groups that would provide more value to them by helping them create tasks in bulk, value tasks optimally and monitor progress easily.
- Build a community of 50 freelancers
Gigs to build a multi skilled talented community that are ready to pick up gigs when they arrive.
Timeline: End of March
- Create 2 more ways for freelancers and clients to form trustless deals on Spect.
Currently, our thought is the following:
First one would be where a freelancer can directly pick up a gig (without having to put in a proposal) after collateralizing some desired minimum amount that the client has set.
Second one is where a client can pick specific freelancers to get work done.
Research, Development and Contract Audit
Timeline: End of March
- Launch and gather user feedback of an initial prototype of a DAO tool that would make it possible for DAO working groups to create tasks in bulk, value them in a decentralized manner and monitor their progress.
Research, Development and Feedback gathering
Timeline: End of February