Grant Request by Neuralism

Exciting project, super solid team… can’t wait to see what the future holds!!!

4 Likes

Stunning concept, really good team… looking forward to what’s next!!

3 Likes

Hey, thanks for the question! :slight_smile:

The goal is to become the point of reference for artistic expression through AI. In practice, you can think of Neuralism as a two-sided platform like Airbnb, where we put together artists and buyers.

If you are an artist, you can find in Neuralism a like-minded and open community, with free hardware and software resources to develop your work, technical support and most importantly a platform to freely advertise your art and find buyers. As a single artist it’s hard to distinguish yourself to the broader public, no matter how good you are. By putting together buyers and artists in the same community we can make sure that the best artists can get exposure and sell their pieces for the right price. The channels would be online (NFTs), offline (stamps) and art galleries.

If you are a buyer, you can find in Neuralism the point of reference for any kind of art expression done with AI, be it images, videos or music. By becoming shareholder in the DAO, holders of Neuralism NFTs (the ones sold by Neuralism directly) will see profits based on the sale of the work of our artists and of Neuralism itself. This also opens the doors to other forms of collaboration. For instance, imagine a brand like Supreme turning to us to produce a special edition skin for a pair of shoes. Artists can all submit their proposals, and then Supreme gets to choose the best one and pay the artist what he/she’s due.

Let me know if you have any other doubts, happy to provide more details :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey @mikhailbaynes I just noticed that you publish most of the grant applications. If we would like to submit an application, what would be the best approach?

Forgive me in advance, if it’s the wrong place to ask such a question :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Here’s the Grant Application Form - Polygon EcosystemGrant Request Form

I will also DM you.

2 Likes

Hi @hibiki :slight_smile:

Exactly, as @iPhra said, we are building, with the help of our Community, a new Art Movement based on AI.

AI Creativity’s results have been amazing in the last few years and the newborn Metaverse is an invaluable opportunity to bring AI Creativity to the next step, thanks to ever more immersive digital experiences.

Just to make a simple example, it’s not difficult to imagine a future where concerts will take place in a digital reality, where there are no limits to what can be shown. AI is the perfect candidate to unleash the imagination potential that not even human mind could think of!

Neuralism’s Team has the strong belief that the most famous Artists of the 21st Century won’t be human, but rather AIs.

This is what Neuralism aims to be: the reference point for AI Creativity.

Hope this provides some clarity and thanks again for asking the question :slight_smile:

Best,
Mecenate

4 Likes

thanks @iPhra @mecenate :smiley:

I have read your enthusiastic replies carefully.

I will refrain from giving my opinion on the metaverse and marketplace.
opensea.

I can imagine that in the future, many things will be generated by AI.
However, I have been thinking about the problem that these things will take away our jobs and make our existence unnecessary.
There is a very good point in the reply that I received this time.
It is that something generated by AI will be beyond human imagination.
There is a possibility that humans will be stimulated by this, and even better ideas and discussions will be born.
I felt that this is one of the social significance of generative culture.

A community that is ideologically homogeneous will eventually lose its diversity and perish.
AI may be able to create a stir here.
Good luck. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Neuralism. A name that could easily spread and give birth to a true global art movement.
I think this idea could be really promising.
There are a lot of artists out there who use AI and I think that with this project they can find a place of expression that will enhance them. The founders seem to have a very clear idea.
I’m really curious to see this initiative grow.

3 Likes

@hibiki

Yep, totally agree with what you say!
I guess the good news with AI and its “evil potential” issue is that, up to now, everything AI has done (and even more so in Art) has been used to benefit people, i.e. humans.

Those who would appreciate AI Art are humans in the end, and having humans as the objective of your actions is the key differentiator between something good and something bad.

I really like when you say that moving the boundaries of imagination could be the real purpose of this Movement, as we had this very idea in mind when we started.

I appreciate your concerns, and the scenario you depict, which can look like pure fiction now, is something that might occur for real in a not-so-distant future.
We believe this is another reason why there should be a proper point of reference governed by a community (and not by a single person / a small group of people) for this potentially disruptive technology.

Thanks again for starting this interesting and stimulating discussion :relaxed:

2 Likes

Neuralism is a great project. the founders are great professionals with very successful track record. I’d love to see the community grow and become the next big thing in AI-art. This is a hige platform for all AI-artists!

3 Likes

As the Co-Founder of Neuralism, I would just like to say thank you to all the people from our Community (and not) who showed so much enthusiasm for this project. The Community is becoming so active that it’s difficult to keep up with it. This is the tip of the iceberg of the potential that could be unleashed by having an organized and decentralized Movement around AI Creativity, which we believe will be one of the next big things in the field of Art/Entertainment.

This is the last comment I leave before we get an answer from the Polygon Team, which I want to thank for this opportunity.

As a post scriptum, I would like to share the link to our deck, which explains more about the idea, the team, and the next steps of Neuralism.
I believe that this presentation, after the real things we are doing and that are visible to everybody, is the single most important document we have.
So please read it throughly if you are interested in our project

2 Likes

Amazing what they can do applying AI to art pieces. This opens up so many possibilities that it’s hard to gauge where it might go but it surely looks like a promising idea.

3 Likes

Everything seems great! I can’t wait to see all the progressions

3 Likes

Hello!
Following up from a conversation with @mikhailbaynes, there are a few key corrections we’d like to make here:

1. Given our application during Season 0 we’re changing our requested amount to 10K (Season 0 cap), of which the second 5k will be awarded upon completing the first milestone, outlined below
  2. Milestone #1: i) 2,000 members in our community, which will form the base for the DAO built on the Polygon blockchain; and ii) full deployment of the smart contract for the purchase of Neuralism’s NFTs on the Polygon blockchain
  3. Milestone #2: i) 10,000 members in our community, including 200 AI Artists that will contribute with content creation and to whom we will give the resources to create NFTs and other collectibles exclusively on the Polygon blockchain (we already have c.50 AI Artists); and ii) DAO created on the Polygon blockchain, with all the governance, dividends and token components properly implemented

The 10k budget will be used primarily for marketing (growth of the community), legal (establishment of legal entity) and technical (providing GPU power to our Artists through AWS) matters. We don’t plan to spend any money to build on the Polygon blockchain at the moment, as we already have these capabilities within the team

Many thanks,
Mecenate

1 Like

I went to check on the community, and found it to be quiet but steadily moving.
A variety of beautiful artwork
I wanted to support them.

3 Likes