Evaulating Polygon SDK for building blockchain network

hey guys,

I represent Hypersign team. We are evaluating SDKs for building L2 blockchain networks specific to our use case. I came across Polgon SDK and few others like cosmos, polkadot etc. Out out that overall polygon ecosystem looks promising to us (since our token is also on the Polygon network). While researching, one thing I noticed that polygon sdk is still WIP and the code hasn’t been audited yet. So my first question is, how long will it take for this sdk to be used by community projects. Any expected timelines? And the second question is , do you have any road map of the features that you guys are planning to add. I noticed that Polygon DID method registered in did-spec-registries, so can I expect SSI infra also to be added in this sdk? (edited)

It would be great if any one can help me connect with concerned person regarding this, I have some more questions related to interoperability , privacy subchains, overall developer community and from business standpoint too.

TIA

Any updates on this?

Hello, let me try to answer the metnioned questions!

So my first question is, how long will it take for this sdk to be used by community projects. Any expected timelines?

We already have teams building on the Polygon-SDK. The audit is expected to be done in Q1/Q2 2022.

And the second question is , do you have any road map of the features that you guys are planning to add.

We are currently working on adding Centralized & Decentralized bridge solutions as well as IBFT PoS consensus mechanism. The IBFT PoS is ready for testing on this branch.

I noticed that Polygon DID method registered in did-spec-registries, so can I expect SSI infra also to be added in this sdk?

Not currently, but I would definitely love to hear more about it and discuss.

Best regards!

1 Like

Hey @Lazar_Travica thank you for your response,

I am part of team Hypersign and building privacy preserving identity and access management L2 blockchain network.

A few imp features of this network would be:

1. Fast and secure payment transfers + public DID layer on Hypersign main chain
  2. Privacy Subchains: Providing DID Layer (or SSI layer) as service to any network (be it public blockchain or private blockchain network like hyperledger projects) - we are calling it sidechain of Hypersign
  3. Providing interoperability between these side chains - for ex. a user having DID on chain 1 should be able to resolve DID on chain 2 if permitted.
  4. Hypersign gains security from other large network like Ethereum or Matic
  5. Out of box affordable tools and software for anyone to manage decentralized identity system.

Currently we are in the process of evaluating frameworks to use for building this blockchain network. I am curios about polygon SDK because a lot of features which we need (like check pointing, zkp etc) are either built or in pipeline. Our vision of bridging gab between web2.0 and web3.0 (making UX seamless) also aligns with the vision of Matic network (as I read from whitepaper).

It would be great if Matic team give us some direction in building this network.

Hello Vishwas!

To better understand your use-case I would appreciate if you could clarify whether you envision Polygon Edge (formerly Polygon-SDK) for running the Hypersign main chian or the privacy subchain?

Also can you please answer this list of questions (where applicable) so I better understand your use-case:

1. Will the consensus type be PoA or PoS

2. How many validators do you expect running in the network?

3. What is the percentage of validators that will be under your management? (100% if all validators are under control of the enterprise)

4. Will the blockchain network be completely open to public usage?

5. Will the users be able to interface with the blockchain network directly or only through an API?

6. What suite of smart contracts do you want to deploy on the network? (If not a single suite, but multiple e.g. ERC20, ERC721, governance, etc. list the one you think will be most used).

7. What infrastructure are you planning on deploying the Polygon-SDK to? (Kubernetes / Cloud VMs / baremetal)

8. Do you intend the native currency of the network to be publicly tradeable?

9. Do you have a rough overview of what the initial currency distribution in the Polygon-SDK network would look like? (Important question, since the first step in bootstrapping a network would be to designate the initial balance of the native currency and which account holds it so that it can be distributed by the enterprise).

10. Are you intending on using the Hashicorp Vault integration for key-management or Prometheus-API for collecting metrics?

11. How many users do you expect interfacing with the blockchain network (just a simple order of magnitude)?

Thank you!