Over the past week, we continued running our successful running testnet CS-2004. However, we encountered a moderate severity bug that caused an issue with one of the nodes, which caused subsequent issues over the entire network.
- Continued running CS-2004
- Onboarded 100+ validators to the network, with few validators successfully replacing others with a higher stake
- Mini-Contests for Claim Rewards and Re-stake
- Mini Contests for Delegations
- CS-2005 - Launching the latest testnet with major bug fixes
The Delegation contest was the next contest in line. This is where the validators would have to delegate some tokens to a validator of their choice, and then perform a host of activities to complete the contest.
- Delegate tokens to a validator
- Claim rewards from the delegation
- Unbond from the validator
- Claim your staked tokens as a delegator
We had to conclude this contest prematurely because of the issue with CS-2004. The winners of this contest have been declared: https://forum.polygon.technology/t/mini-contests-delegation-restart/287/89
Issues Encountered during CS-2004
There are a couple of issues that we are analyzing and monitoring that were reported by validators
- Wrong App Hash error - Some validators have reported this issue. Even after resetting Heimdall data. This occurs because of network calls failing in some circumstances - in this case, it was that the Ethereum network call for getting the updated validator set was unsuccessful, and therefore lead to an invalid signed block. We are still investigating a proper solution to this.
- Claim stake and Unbond issue - During the contest there were some validators who were unable to claim stake and unbond successfully from the dashboard. We have fixed this issue however, we’re internally testing this.
- Long time to resync - we are aware of the long time that it takes to resync the Heimdall node. We have also started work on a fast-sync approach, that will shorten the time for resync. However, this will not be available immediately.
We will be spinning up a new testnet with all the bugs that were encountered in CS-2004. We will also be including more tools while setting up the node such as Prometheus Graphana Dashboard as well as a Sentry Node.
Staking UI Dashboard
We have also squashed and fixed a lot of bugs that were reported during the contests. You will be experiencing a better Dashboard in CS-2005.
Things to look forward to:
- Mini Contests - Validator replacement and Validator Signer change contests
- Initiate Rewards Distribution