These include some fixes on top of the previous versions that were rolled out in the previous versions (bor v1.0.4 and heimdall v1.0.1)
IMPORTANT: If you are yet to upgrade to recent releases bor v1.0.4 and heimdall v1.0.1:
You can upgrade straight to these new versions however you must upgrade bor first, then heimdall.
Please also ensure that: heimdalld service file contains the —-chain=< network > flag (mumbai or mainnet).
- The heimdalld service file is available at /etc/systemd/system/heimdalld.service *
If you are already on v.1.0.4 and v1.0.1 please also proceed using the following steps.
Stop bor service
sudo service bor stop
Install Bor with a version tag, network name (mumbai or mainnet), and node type (sentry, validator, or archive).
# Replace the node type curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/maticnetwork/install/main/bor.sh | bash -s -- v1.0.6 <network> <node_type>
Check bor version
/usr/bin/bor version # It should print # 1.0.6
Restart bor service
sudo service bor start
Before proceeding, please create a backup of your heimdall config file whose default location is:
/var/lib/heimdall/config/config.toml. This might differ if you have setup heimdall at a different location.
Stop heimdalld service
sudo service heimdalld stop
Install Heimdall with a version tag, network name (mumbai or mainnet), and node type (sentry or validator).
# Replace the network and node type curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/maticnetwork/install/main/heimdall.sh | bash -s -- v1.0.2 <network> <node_type>
Check heimdall version
/usr/bin/heimdalld version # It should print # 1.0.2
Restart heimdall service
sudo service heimdalld start
Restart the telemetry services
sudo service telemetry restart
You can find the latest docker images here:
Compared to version
v1.0.4, the following features and improvements have been implemented.
- fix : wrong chainID on rpc by @0xsharma in #1030
- build(deps): bump GitHub - Consensys/gnark-crypto: gnark-crypto provides elliptic curve and pairing-based cryptography on BN, BLS12, BLS24 and BW6 curves. It also provides various algorithms (algebra, crypto) of particular interest to zero knowledge proof systems. from 0.9.1-0.20230105202408-1a7a29904a7c to 0.12.0 by @dependabot in #1028
- build(deps): bump GitHub - supranational/blst: Multilingual BLS12-381 signature library from 0.3.8-0.20220526154634-513d2456b344 to 0.3.11 by @dependabot in #953
- bump version by @marcello33 in bump version by marcello33 · Pull Request #1031 · maticnetwork/bor · GitHub
- fix : borTx chainID by @0xsharma in #1021
- Added locks to the tracer by @pratikspatil024 in #1022
- eth, consensus/bor: handle 503 status code in heimdall client by @manav2401 in #1023
- Add more mainnet bootnodes by @manav2401 in #1026
- dev: chg: solve vulns by @marcello33 in #1024
- V1.0.5 release candidate by @marcello33 in #1027
Compared to version
v1.0.1, the following features and improvements have been implemented.
- checkpoint/client: revert with 503 status code until HF by @manav2401 in #1073
- helper: change default seed nodes for polygon mainnet by @VAIBHAVJINDAL3012 in #1076
- dev: chg: solve vulns by @marcello33 in #1074
- V1.0.2 release candidate by @marcello33 in #1077