Polygon Community Forum Guidelines
At Polygon, we are committed to creating a decentralized, open-source, and accessible-for-all web3 space and this starts with an open community filled with positivity, active engagement, open discussion of ideas, and mutual respect.
The Polygon Community Forum, and the broader community that uses the platform, are dedicated to developing, improving, and further decentralizing the Polygon ecosystem. Our community culture is one of openness, inclusiveness, and positivity.
The rules and guidelines of the forum reflect the core values of the Polygon ecosystem.
We always prioritize the health of the ecosystem and community above particular interests. Any intentional disruption or act that endangers the well-being of the Polygon community will not be tolerated.
The forum is open, accessible, and transparent by its nature. Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas on anything and everything related to Polygon.
We are here to build and advance Polygon’s scaling solutions, but we are also here to build ourselves and each other. Ultimately, if you find yourself wondering, “should I post this?” Ask yourself whether it aligns with the values and guidelines below.
Much like the blockchain itself, the Polygon community does not discriminate against participants based on their color, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, or background. Therefore, we will not tolerate any derogatory comments whatsoever, including those regarding users’ race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or age.
This is not an exhaustive list, and you should keep in mind the following guidelines when posting anything on the forum.
When on the Polygon Community Forum, you should:
- Be tolerant towards others’ viewpoints. When you disagree, do it respectfully.
- Communicate with courtesy and respect.
- Provide accurate information. If you need more clarification, always cross-check the facts before posting.
- Treat people online as you would treat them in real life.
You should not:
- Make personal attacks on others.
- Make false statements against others.
- Bully or make inflammatory remarks towards other community members.
- Use inappropriate language.
- Post profanity or prejudiced comments.
- Post sexually explicit content.
- Post spam.
Failing to adhere to the above-mentioned rules may result in a permanent ban.
What should I do when I want to report such behavior?
- Click on the flag icon below the offending post.
- Select a category and click the “Flag Post” button.
- A forum moderator will review the flagged content soon.