Vote for the Bounty Contest
In the spirit of gradual decentralisation and the progressive inclusion of the Polygon Community in the operations normally administered by the Polygon DAO team, we are pleased to announce our new decentralized governance initiative.
We’re excited to announce the Polygon DAO Bounty Competition, a competition that will determine the recipient of a range of financial/non-financial support from Polygon DAO, with the winner decided by the community.
The Polygon community will be able to receive claims via Polygon ID attesting to their Polygon DAO membership. Claims will then be used as a basis to vote for the project they believe is the best, decentralizing the process that would normally be conducted by the Polygon DAO Grants Team.
Project entries will be made to the Polygon DAO Forum so that the community can have visibility in the shortlisting process (see a post you like? Be sure to leave a comment on the forum and let us know, the team will consider it!). Once the Polygon DAO Team has made a shortlist, the selected projects will then move on to the voting rounds.
Matchups for each round of voting will be selected at random. The project achieving the greatest number of votes in each bracket progresses to the next round. This process repeats until a winner is selected in the final round.
- To be made in the ‘Polygon DAO Bounty Competition’ section of the Polygon Community Forum
- Must contribute to the Polygon ecosystem in a clear way
- The application is consistent with the submission format below
- Projects cannot be completely underdeveloped. Founders need to have “skin in the game”
- Projects cannot have previously been a beneficiary of Polygon DAO grants
Below is a template to guide the preparation of submission requests:
A brief overview of the project’s key features and ethos.
We strongly advise that submissions contain a graphical element that gives users an overview of the ‘topic’ or ‘theme’ of the submission.
Provide an overview of the project, including;
- Purpose - What problem are you solving, or what is the basis for this idea
- The benefit to the community
- Current/projected users
Project Roadmap / Strategy
Outline the product roadmap with its accompanying strategy to deliver it to the market
Project Team Members
Provide a list of all members who will be working on the project
If there are pre-existing social media accounts, link them here.
Competition Format - Bracket-Based Competition
- The competition will use a bracket-based tournament system to rank ‘Projects’ and determine a winner.
- Entrants must submit their projects to the Polygon DAO team in the ‘Polygon DAO Bounty Competition’ category of the forum to be eligible for the shortlist of candidates for the voting rounds.
- Polygon DAO members will vote on the winner of each head-to-head.
See an overview of the bracket-based competition format below:
Week 1 - 4
Announcement on day 1, followed by a 4-week window to allow project teams to prepare their submissions before the deadline on 22 July 2022 (the deadline has now been extended until 5 August 2022).
Following the submission deadline, the Polygon DAO team will have 7 days to shortlist the final 16 competitors that will make it to the knockout stages.
The first two voting rounds will take place in week 6, with the semi-final contestants being announced at the end of the week.
The semi-final will take place in week 7, with the final contestants being announced at the end of the week.
The final voting round will take place in week 8, and the winner announced.
The prize pool will consist of catered access to Polygon support initiatives, potentially including; grants (for grants, KYC/KYB is required), Polygon Village vouchers, accelerator support and opportunities to gain visibility in the ecosystem.
More details will be announced soon. Be sure to keep an eye on the Polygon DAO forum.
We look forward to seeing the amazing ideas produced by the Polygon community as we move to decentralize the decision-making process of our existing initiatives.
May the best project prevail!
Polygon DAO Team