About me. Hello there!

I am Valerii!
I am programmer, lector and retro hunter.

Professional Background: I have been working as a software developer for over a decade, specializing in blockchain technologies for the past five years. Currently, I am a senior developer at a leading fintech company, where I focus on integrating decentralized finance (DeFi) solutions into traditional financial systems. My experience also includes lecturing at various universities, where I teach courses on blockchain and smart contracts. My background in both programming and education allows me to contribute significantly to the Web3 space by developing innovative solutions and mentoring the next generation of blockchain developers.

Interests in Web3: I am particularly passionate about DeFi and decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs). The concept of trustless, decentralized financial systems fascinates me, and I see immense potential in DAOs for reshaping governance structures. One project that excites me is Aave, for its groundbreaking work in decentralized lending and borrowing. Additionally, the development of Layer 2 solutions like zk-Rollups is something I find incredibly innovative for scaling blockchain technology.

Feature Recommendations: A common pain point I’ve encountered with Polygon PoS is the occasional delay in transaction finality, which can be frustrating for users. I believe implementing a more robust system for handling network congestion would greatly enhance user experience. Additionally, developing user-friendly interfaces for managing staking and participating in governance could attract more mainstream users to the platform.

Current Projects: I am currently working on a Web3 project called “RetroFi,” which aims to integrate vintage gaming with blockchain technology. The project focuses on creating NFTs for classic game assets and developing a decentralized marketplace for trading these assets. Community support in terms of feedback and collaboration with other developers who have experience in gaming and NFTs would be incredibly valuable.

Learning and Development: One of the biggest challenges I’ve faced in the Web3 space is keeping up with the rapid pace of technological advancements. To overcome this, I constantly engage in online courses, webinars, and hackathons. Resources like Coursera’s blockchain courses and Gitcoin’s community have been invaluable in my education.

Community Engagement: I plan to contribute to the Polygon Labs community by participating in discussions, sharing insights from my projects, and mentoring newcomers. I am particularly interested in joining initiatives focused on improving the scalability and usability of the Polygon network.

Future Aspirations: My long-term goal within Web3 is to develop solutions that bridge the gap between traditional finance and decentralized finance. I envision a future where blockchain technology is seamlessly integrated into everyday financial transactions. In this evolving landscape, I hope to play a pivotal role in creating secure, efficient, and accessible DeFi platforms.

Fun Facts: Outside of Web3, I am an avid retro hunter. I love collecting and restoring vintage computers and gaming consoles. It’s a hobby that combines my passion for technology and history. Additionally, I enjoy teaching and often host workshops on retro computing and its impact on modern technology.

Connect and Collaborate: Community members can reach out to me via LinkedIn or Twitter for collaborations or discussions. I am always open to feedback, looking for partners in development, and seeking resources for my ongoing projects. Let’s build the future of Web3 together!